A Rare Glimpse

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Today's special

Citrus Couscous Salad (from the March/April 2005 glow magazine)

1 cup couscous

3/4 cup chicken stock

3/4 cup orange juice

2 tbsp olive oil

1 tbsp lime juice

2 tsp honey

1/2 cup cherry or grape tomatoes cut in half
(about 10)

1/4 cup chopped green onions

1 cup diced English cucumbers

1/4 cup chopped cilantro or parsley

salt and pepper to taste

1. In a medium pot, bring chicken stock and orange juice to a boil. Add couscous and stir. Turn off heat and cover tightly.

2. In a small bowl combine oil, lime juice and honey. Whisk to combine. Set aside.

3. After liquid has been absorbed, fluff couscous and transfer to a serving bowl.

4. Add veggies and drizzle with vinaigrette. Stir to distribute flavours. Season with additional salt and pepper if required. Garnish with cilantro or parsley.

Makes 6 servings.

It was really de-lish! Jacqs can attest to that. :) Oh, on another note...my left hand fingers are red and raw from playing on jacqs' guitar today for half an hour. Owww...hurting as I'm typing this post up! :S I need practice...which reminds me...I think I'll get a guitar for myself as my b-day gift to me this year.